Sunday, February 28, 2010

Natural Disasters in 2010

Somehow I get the feeling that this is the year of natural disasters.

We had the earthquake in Haiti in January 2010 that basically destroyed the homes of millions.
This few days we have the earthquake (again) in Chile that is devastating to the residents in Chile. The last count was that more than 300 had died in Chile.

As a result of the earthquake in Chile, there is tsunami coming to many parts of the world. Luckily the tsunami is not as serious as feared.

Then we hear news of ice bergs breaking from the Antarctic continent, and I wonder what that will mean for the people in Australia. Hopefully I am just paranoid.

Last but not least we hear of huge storms affecting Europe, leaving many homes in a poorer state.

All these events that happened in just 2 months of 2010. Truly, it makes me appreciate the strategic location of my little island, that I need not worry so much about these natural disasters.
Nonetheless, let's wish those who are affected all the best and for them to build their homes again soon.

See related:
- More natural disasters of 2010

No comments:

Popular Posts