Sunday, August 17, 2008

Red Cliff Movie - 2 versions?

We watched Red Cliff during an early weekday evening at Filmgarde (cos I took off that day) and found it a good show. I guess the film has been out for quite some time, and so there weren't many people in the theatre. We were among the 10 odd people in the theatre. For those with some knowledge of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, the film will be more enjoyable.



There are a lot of movie reviews about this show, so I'll skip that. Just suffice to say that it is a money / time worth to watch it :).

I read later on the Wiki that there are two versions of the film, one for Asians and the other for rest of the world. Seems like the Asians' version has a combined total length of over 4 hours, while the shortened version for rest of world is about 2 hours plus. Wonder what are the parts which were cut? Maybe the part about Zhou Yu and Zhu Geliang's playing of zither, which I felt is a bit long.

No comments:

Popular Posts