Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hestan Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon - 2005

We had a bottle of Hestan Vineyards's 2005 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon and the wine is great! While I know it is a great bottle, my taste buds are not so sensitive enough to tell the difference between this S$180 bottle versus other S$100plus bottles. This bottle is retailing over the Internet at US$100 (before any tax). The wine is full-bodied, with a bit of smoky and intense taste, good for those who like full bodied red.

Lolz, a bit wasted some would say, but at least now I know the upper limit for my taste buds (in dollar sense) is about S$100 bottle. Anything more expensive and it would be quite wasted on me. In case you are wondering, nope I didn't buy this bottle; it was a treat from one of the bosses for many nights of over-time work.

We had a few cakes from Bakerzin to go with the wine. About 10 of us shared this bottle, and so each got less than a standard glass of wine. Guess it is more for tasting. :)

No comments:

Popular Posts