Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Malibu Rum and Carrot Juice

A couple of weeks ago I realised that I had a bottle of Malibu Rum hidden in the closet. Worrying that the coconut based rum (see Wiki on it) would be spoilt over time I decided to open the bottle of Malibu to try.

To my surprise it tasted quite good! Somewhat sweet, the clear rum is quite smooth and easy drinking. The bottle suggested that Malibu be mixed with pineapple juice. Since I didn't have any I tried using the Pokka carrot juice instead.



The end result if so-so. Perhaps I mixed in too much carrot juice, i.e. the whole can. Malibu's website has many other suggestions of cocktails, including a mix of 3 parts apple to 1 part Malibu. So I guess I had really added in too much carrot juice. The other cocktails on the website, including Malibu Sea Breeze, suggested 3 parts juice to 1 part Malibu.



Take a look at their website, the animations and history part is pretty entertaining.

No comments:

Popular Posts