Sunday, March 01, 2009

My Vinyl Records & Turntable

Anyone still remember these vinyl records? They were the main medium for music from the 1950s to the early 1980s, before cassette tapes, Compact Discs (CDs), DVDs, MP3 etc replaced them. I was cleaning my room and found a stack of them, containing memorable music from a long time ago!





It is pretty exciting to see so many vinyl records, some from famous artists like Teressa Teng and the Eagles. I can still remember listening to Hotel California track from the vinyl record when I was young. Back then such medium were considered more superior compared to radio music, since these records were often played using good hi-fi systems. Due partly to ignorance, I think I scratched a few of them when I placed them on the turntable.



Feeling pretty excited, I brought these to a friend's place to try the records since I knew he recently bought a turntable. Somehow the music no longer sound as great as I remember them. Perhaps the technology development is such that CDs and DVDs are indeed the better medium to store music. Actually I still have the old turntable from long time back, but the 'reader head' is spoilt, and I'm not sure if it is worth the effort to find a replacement. Oh well, I will stick with my CDs instead.

No comments:

Popular Posts