Sunday, October 05, 2008

Wine Fair @ Suntec Carrefour

Was passing by the Suntec Carrefour on Wednesday and decided to pop by the Wine Fair for a look. I think generally the bottles were on good discount. There were also quite a number of samplers for those interested. Since I was driving, I didn't really 'sample' too much.



Over the years, Carrefour @ Suntec has been holding a number of these wine fairs on a frequent basis. Personally I think such events are a great opportunity to try out different wines. I tried the South African Nederburg wines during one such fair, and have bought easily 8-9 bottles on various occasions.



However, after the wines are introduced and gained popularity, the prices start to go up. Nederburg late harvest used to cost like $18++ a few years back. It is now retailing at $26.90 per bottle (top centre bottle in picture below) at a supermarket (not Carrefour) in Bugis. At the Carrefour wine fair, the discounted price is about $22 or so.



Last year at the Carrefour wine fair, I tried Greek sweet wines, and thought the wine tasted good. We bought 2 bottles for our office events. So this time round I bought another of the Greek wine which cost about $34 or so. The Greek wines are really sweet, meant more for after meal consumption I suppose. For those interested, you could try them out since the wine fair is till 12 Oct, or if you miss it, do try at the next Carrefour Wine Fair (both Suntec and Plaza Singapura outlets hold them frequently).

No comments:

Popular Posts