Sunday, August 28, 2005

Identity Crisis People

Saw an I-S article about Singapore writers. It seems to point out a number of reasons why there is a lack of writers here, e.g. publishers issue, school syllabus issue...etc. This somehow reminded me of the many accusations that float ard here... like lack of artists lah, lack of scientists lah (e.g. no Einstein will ever apear here), lack of whatever whatever...

Is this truly so?

Is this our pple's sense of insecurity at work, where we simply want everything that other people has? I think it is also a sense of identity crisis, where we have a constant need to redefine ourselves and so there will bound to be someone out there who said we have not enough of 'whatever'.

Hmm can't pple just recognise the basic fact that time is needed to grow a culture? Often we accuse those in the authority of trying to hasten some achievement, well, aren't we commoners doing the same thing? haaa...

Oh, speaking of identity crisis.... my sis just told me that she saw a person who looks exactly like me, wearing my expression when he laughs or otherwise.... die, i also got identity crisis...

No comments:

Popular Posts